Vehicle Servicing In Exeter
When it comes to vehicle servicing in Exeter, no job is too big or small for our experienced team. We offer great deals and have a reliable and dedicated team of mechanics who are able to get it done in a quick turnaround time, without compromising on getting the job done to a outstanding standard.
Our Trust My Garage approved garage accreditation is a badge of excellence. We promise the highest levels of service as members of the respected Institute of the Motor Industry.
Interim or full service?
There are two types of service available: interim and full.
It’s always recommended to consult the owner’s manual, but in general, when deciding which service to have, you should follow the guideline of, Every 12,000 miles travelled or 12 months, a full service is needed. Every 6,000 miles travelled or every 6 months, interim servicing is advised.
In other words, interim services are mostly provided on vehicles that are used for shorter trips, while complete services are provided on vehicles that are used on a regular basis for lengthy road trips.
The levels of fluids such as brake fluid, screen wash, and anti-freeze coolant are generally checked during an interim service. In addition, we will inspect the engine’s condition, including the plugs and filter, as well as:
- The battery
- Change the oil and filter if necessary.
- Check the tread depth and overall condition of your tyres.
- Power steering, brakes, and coolant fluids should all be checked and refilled.
- Check to see if any hoses are worn or need to be replaced.
- All of the vehicle’s lights should be checked.
Every year or every 12,000 miles, every car and van will require a full service. A full service involves inspecting all major components to ensure they are up to motoring standards and roadworthy. Every part of the vehicle would be inspected, including Engine Inspections:
- Belts, hoses, and oil are drained and replaced, the oil and air filter are changed, and the fluids are topped up.
- Fuel – Fuel lines and cap were checked, and the fuel filter are replaced.
- Clutch, gearbox, drive shaft, and axle are all part of the drive system.
- Horn, lights, battery, alternator, starter motor and wiring are all part of the electrical system.
- Steering and Suspension – All components are tested for wear and tear.
- Noise, smoke, and leaks are all symptoms of exhaust.
- Pads, discs, pipes, fluid levels, and the handbrake are all part of the brake system.
Summer & Winter Vehicle Checks
Hot and cold temperatures affect cars and vans in different ways. AWS Auto Services wants to make sure your car is prepared for the winter or the summer. Talk to us about our Winter and Summer vehicle inspections to keep you on the road and worry-free.
AWS Auto Services is more than just a garage; we are the specialists in Exeter for all your vehicle service and repair requirements, no matter what kind of car or van you have!